Sunday, March 8, 2009

Florida Vacation

In January we had all sorts of trips. Nate and I wanted to take advantage of easy traveling while we still had the chance. So we decided to go to Florida! It was so much fun! We went with Nate's parents and we met up with Will's side of the family, who all live in Florida. Before this trip I had only met Will's parents (Nate's grandparents) It was cool to finally meet the rest of his family including Nate's aunts, uncles, and cousins. The first day we were there, we met up with some of the fam and spent the day at the Epcot Center. It was a lot of fun. I had always wanted to go here. If you have never been to Epcot before, it's basically a huge theme park that features a ton of countries. You walk around from country to country. Each country has food you can eat to represent that country. Shops and architecture, everything imaginable to represent that certain country. It was so much fun!


Here are Nate's little cousins Dakota and Ian in Mexico. Ian cracked us up. He just makes me laugh so hard.


Here's Nate in Norway, he is one hot viking if you ask me!







Of course we had to take a picture of us in Germany. My ancestors are from Germany in fact, my grandparents migrated here from there when my real dad was just a baby. I would definitely love to visit there one day!


We got a group shot on our way into Italy!



Here is Nate and I in front of the Trevi fountain. Italy is another place Nate and I would love to go to one day. Nate served his mission in Italy, however his mission only covered the northern part. So he never went to the big touristy places like Rome, Venice, or Florence. I on the other hand have only been to the super touristy places. So it would be so fun to go back and show each other the places we've been. Plus how fun would it be to see Nate speak the language. He doesn't get many opportunities to practice here, so I never get to hear him.





Haha, I forced Nate to take this picture with this character from Robin Hood. Nate always says that was his favorite Disney movie. This poor character, none of the kids knew who he was. They were all like "Who Are you?" haha!

That's another thing I must say, I had never seen so many Disney characters before, not even at Disney land. Epcot is definitely the place to see characters if that is your thing.


So we had an awesome day at Epcot, it was definitely a teaser though, the whole time your thinking, oh wouldn't it be nice to actually go to this place? Some day.....


The next day we drove down from Orlando to Fort Myers, where all the family lives. Fort Myers is beautiful. We went to Sanibel Island, which was also beautiful. Here we are at the beach.


Here is Nate's parents. Will and Kathleen.




And here is Nate and I. Yep I'm finally posting a pregnancy picture where you can actually tell that I'm pregnant.


So of course on the last day of our trip, Nate's family take us to the best place in the world. I have craved it every day since. Next time we go back I'm coming here 5 times a day. It's that awesome. Anyway its this orange place that sells citrus, juices, and ice cream. I thought I knew what a good tasting orange tasted like. There is no comparison to what I tasted in Florida.





This place had all these different kinds of orange and grapefruit samples


But the best part was the juice samples. Oh my gosh. I drank like a gallon of orange juice that day. It was SOOOOO good. My favorite was the fresh Orange-Strawberry and Orange-Cranberry juice that they had. It was awesome!

That same day we also went to visit Dillon, Nate's little cousin, at work. Nate and I know Dillon very well, after all he was on our honey moon with us! haha! Unfortunately I'm not kidding. Technically Nate and I didn't quite have a honeymoon due to our crazy wedding story where I had my appendix removed, which lead us to canceling our cruise to Mexico. Anyway 6 months later, we finally took a big trip to France, which we called our honeymoon, cause we never had one. But in France we were with Nate's uncle who lives there. Dillon was also there at the same time to make it easier on his uncle, so yes, We got to know Dillon very well.


Back at Nate's grandparents home we just hung out with everyone. All the cousins and family got together which was so nice!


Nate with cousins Jessica and Dakota



The Wright's

Will with his 2 sisters and brother

Will's whole family


Brotherly Love!!!
Here is our attempt at taking a 4 Generation picture. Hopefully in a few months we can get a more legit one. It's kind of cool cause Grandpa Wright is the first born Son, Will is also the first born son, and so is Nate. And now we are continuing this by also having a first born son. We couldn't be more excited.


This is Nate's cousin Marly and her daughter.
Anyway, I want to thank everyone who made our trip so special! You all are great and it was so fun to meet you all!
Ok I have to share this story of our flight home. We had a layover in Chicago. I was so hungry and excited thinking that Chicago should have some good places to eat, even if we're stuck in an airport. So I saw this place called Billy Goat Cafe. The line was huge and I thought this is a good sign, people like this place. So I got a Hamburger. Ok, I have really good sense of taste especially now that I'm pregnant, And I know with out a doubt that that burger was NOT beef. It had to be cat or something like that. But then it hit me, maybe it really Billy goat. Nate thinks I'm full of it, but I swear. So work of warning. Never eat here if you have a lay over in Chicago!


6 comments:

Colburns said...

You look so cute prego I love to check your blog to see if you have caught up yet and you are getting close. I hope all is great I haven't seen you in a while.

Travis and Marie said...

I've never been to epcot...want to go - maybe someday. You make a great looking viking too if you ask me and you are one cute expectant mama! :)

ASU fan said...

That looks like a fun trip especially before the baby comes.

Carrie Ann said...

Hello Missy...you looked so super cute at Baja Fresh the other day! Thought I would send you a little note to let you know where to find my blog, which isn't really that exciting... :)

Carrie

The Gibbens said...

You really are prego! look at your cute tummy! You look awesome and it looks like ya'll are having a ball!

The Brennan Family said...

Hey Regan! You look adorable pregnant! I just noticed that your baby boy is due May 6th, a month away!!! Oh my goodness! :) Congratulations!!!! Best Wishes!