Sunday, September 9, 2007

Woah there Mr. Beatty

Oh my gosh, you do not even want to know what Mr. Beatty is up to now. I almost can't decide if this is cruelty to even post these pictures, but if you knew how proud he was of his new costume, you would know it's alright. So you might be wondering the same thing that EVERYONE is wondering right now WHAT THE HECK IS Q DOING?? Well, Mr. Beatty has recently decided to re-vamp his school spirit like in the olden days of the Gilbert High. And what better way to do this than to make a Higley Knight's mascot costume to wear to the games (Don't ask). Poor guy though, none of us can even keep a straight face whenever he starts talking about it. He's been using my sewing machine every day after school for a while and he finally has somewhat of a finished project (the costume is still missing the helmet, sword, and arm and leg cuffs). The best part about it is the glitter jumpsuit underneath. Oh man, I don't think he is ever gonna live this one down. So, now those of you that have been wanting to attend a football game but were hesitant, you now should have motivation to go to a Higley game just tho see this guy all dressed up. haha (oh my gosh, I'm so embarrassed)
(These are far more sparkly than any dance costume I've ever worn)
The good thing about it all however, is I love that my parents can still make total fools of themselves even at this age. (now I know where I got that from) You are never to old to dress up and look like a fool! Also, I must say I'm so impressed that he can sew so good. I can learn so much from him!

13 comments:

The Mcclellan's said...

I love the costume. Your dad is awesome. Your parents are awesome. Please post the finished product cause I really want to see it.

Shums said...

Shut up!!!! Im peeing my pants right now! I love it, and im thoroughly impressed with the sewing skills! It reminds me of the wizards that run around at the Excaliber hotel in Vegas!

laura said...

Oh my gosh! I think he officially wins the most high school pride ever award! That is hilarious! Ok, so we teamteach since it is all choreographed. There are 9 different songs. The beginning is Tai Chi, then sun sals, standing strength, balance, hips, abs, back, and then hamstrings. We each just do 2 or three and teach in the front while the others shadow you. We only do this for the launch to make it a big deal and then we go back to our regular teaching schedule the next week. Does that make sense?

Marie said...

Your blog is stinking cute!!!
And your dad is great...the best Physical Science teacher I ever had :)

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

NO WAY!!! I am cracking up at work sitting here all by myself at my desk. Ha ha!!! That is the funiest thing I've seen in a really long time! Your Dad is hilarious! I wish he had that outfit for when he DJed our wedding! Hey sorry I haven't called you back yet. I'll call you later today, but thanks so much for the support on Saturday! You guys are so awesome, love ya!

Jake and Lynn said...

I'm falling in love with Mr. Beatty all over again! I seriously love it!!! He is so funny and outrageous, but knowing your dad it probably will boost school spirit. Telling him we're cheering for him all the way out here in California!!

Stacy said...

TO FUNNY! I can not believe he is doing this himself!!! Put up pictures of the finished product. I can't wait.

Scott said...

I don't even know what to say, school spirit now has a whole new meaning! Looks like he could be giving some sewing lessons. Awesome Mr. Beatty, can you make my Halloween costume when you are done?

Nina Olson said...

Reag... so cute. I miss you we need to get together, I am in AZ now!!

Travis and Marie said...

I am laughing hysterically right now. I love his costume...if I were still in the valley I would support the Higley High football team just for him! That's fantastic!

Lacey said...

Oh good 'ol Uncle Quentin! That is too funny and what the heck? Where did he learn to sew like that. Wish I could!

Posey Cowart said...

Best thing I have seen all week! Oddly enough, I am not suprised! thank you for making my day!~

slades said...

I don't know if I could keep a straight face if I were to see him at a game. What a funny man, yet so good for getting the students motivated to love their school. Thanks Regan for the update , hope to see the finished product sometime. miss you , Dianne