Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The things I'll do for free food!

Ok, I am officially obsessed with free stuff, in case you were unaware. Especially when it's for my absolute favorite place in the world! Rubios had a grand opening last week that me, Nate, and a bunch of friends went to, and since we were the first hundred in line we all scored free Rubios for a year! Between Nate and I, that is around $700 of free food from my favorite place ever!! If you add in the $300 of free chick-fillet that I got the previous week, That's $1000! Is that cool or what? Needless to say, I might gain 100 pounds by next year, but it will be worth it (or so I think).

Now you would think that spending the night on a sidewalk would be dreadful, but in reality I was up laughing all night. It's hard not to crack up when A) your with a bunch of fun friends, and B) you are no joke surrounded by some of the weirdest people that you ever did see.

I unfortunately forgot to bring my camera, but luckily Carrie did. Please check out her post of this eventful evening with the pictures. Here is the link.

Oh and by the way, after everyone realized how obsessed I am with Rubios, I have gained the nickname of Rubio haha!

4 comments:

Aunt Tawnya said...

You are cracking me up!!! I love Rubios!!! I can't believe you did not call me to come with you guys. I went to lunch there the day it opened!!! Hope to see you this weekend when Kinzi is in town for the BIG wedding!

Shums said...

I read you and Carrie's blog and got SO JEALOUS!! I love that you don't really have to go grocery shopping for the next year! We love Rubio's too, its the only good mexican food up here! I miss all the fun!

Unknown said...

That is SO funny!! I can imagine the funny people that are there!! It would be the perfect place to people watch, one of my favorite things to do!! Well I am impress what you will do for free stuff, of course if that was Ghecko Grill and we lived in AZ I would totally do that!!

Travis and Marie said...

I love that you got free food! Congrats to you! I am a fan of anything free, and RubioS! so great!