Sunday, May 25, 2008

3 weeks non-stop (ps this is the longest post ever)

I know, my title is pretty weird, but you will understand it in a bit. First I want to say that this is all from a month ago, so things are better now. But let me tell you what's going on, ok for those of you that actually read my blog, then you know that my last post I said I have issues that will be continued, well I am continuing that now. It all started around January when I started my job, which by the way I am so over working there (Ashley don't tell Dan I said that) So please if any of you know of job openings Please let me know. Ok so back to January, all I remember was being exhausted and everyday I thought "how did I used to work full time, it is killing me" but I brushed it off and for 3 months I've just been drained, sick, and unmotivated. Well all of a sudden I started getting headaches at the beginning of April. These headaches were just like migraines except they would not go away. So I went to the doctor and it turns out I have a hypothyroid. I am now on some medicine that I will probably take forever that will help me. It's not fun, but I have been feeling a lot better. Well one of the main reasons why I am telling you all this is because it explains why I have been such a bad blogger. Also it will explain why in all these pictures I have a lazy eye. Seriously when I had my 3 week long migraine, I was in so much pain that I could barely open my eyes. on top of that I started getting a lazy eye that was especially noticeable in pictures.
Ok so now onto the activities we did during these 3 weeks. First We had a last minute trip to CA due to a death in Nates family. His great uncle died. It was so sad but we really enjoyed hanging with family and friends.This is a 3 generation shot of Nate his dad and his grandpa Wright. All three of them were the oldest in their families.
Grandpa Wright's two other brothers came in town also. Gary on the left came all the way from France. We love them all so much, they are so cute.
My favorite part of this trip was that I got to visit all my friends in CA. Here I am with Mindy's daughter Cameron. This is one of my many lazy eye pictures, I would try so hard to keep them open.
Cameron loves to swing in her backyard
Here is me Mindy and Annie. (Annie drove an hour to come visit us and she was 8 months pregnant with her second kid) Annie you are the best, I'm so glad you came!
Heres Case with his best friend George! He is so cute!

Mindy and Annie

This is Annies boy Sean, he is a social butterfly and it cracks me up. We couldn't get him to take a picture so we had to set the camera up on the entertainment center while he watched his movie.

Case is so good a b-ball, he showed me all of his moves

Here is our group pic with the kids, it was rough

Cameron the princess
Case didn't want to be left out, so he took his own princess picture
Nate and Case
The girls!


Thanks so much Mindy and Josh for letting us stay with you. You are great hosts. We miss you guys so much!
One funny thing that I didn't get a picture of but wanted to journal for memory sake even though I really wish I could block this memory out was the ride home... We drove our truck with a mini version of an extended cab, you know the one where it really stinks having to sit back there, even when its just for a brief moment. Well, on the way there I rode back there and though it was uncomfortable, but I found ways to sprawl out. So on the way home Nate's Grandpa asked if he could drive back with us....yeah, so for six hours Nate's dad and I were scrunched as we shared the itty bitty extended cab together. It was awful!
The next week Kinzi came into town. I love it when she comes! By this time my head ache is getting worse and worse, here I am with Kinz. This is our 10th time taking this picture due to my lazy eye

I got to see Megan and her cute boy too!
Max and Kinz looking like models
Oh I love Taya and Dennis! They are so funny!
Here we are at this spaghetti fundraiser, lazy eye and all.
More lazy eye

Anyway, I was so glad to see you all! I love and miss you guys so much!!!
I didn't take pictures of when we went over to Max's parents and played cards, but it was so fun! come back soon you guys!


Then the next week I got to go out with the girls! This was an especially fun night for me because I haven't hung out with these girls in forever!
Here is Posey and Amy at Gecko Grill

Here's the group shot. Literally I hadn't seen Sarah since high school. I had so much fun.
After dinner and talking till we literally got kicked out (even from the patio) we were still wanting to party so we went over to my parents to play texas hold em with Mr Beatty. My dad and Nate and other guys have a guys night every thursday where they play Texas hold em. You can just see on his face that he thought we were crazy! We totally were just goofing around and being crazy!My head and eye were hurting as they always were during these 3 weeks, and it came to a point where literally I couldn't keep my right eye open. Sara who is a nurse mentioned that an eye patch might help. Man was she right! I made an eye patch for me and Amy (she was having an eye headache too) it was the best!
Again I think mr. beatty thought we were crazy.
Finally Posey won! Good job!
Well that sums it up. My headache is now gone. Thank goodness, and my eye is stronger than ever. No more lazy eye.

14 comments:

Richae said...

Hey, I have been on medicine for hypothyroid for 6 years. It's an annoyance to take a pill everyday but I have found that it works best taken right when you wake up on an empty stomach. It took me almost a year to really feel normal so hang in there. If you have any questions let me know because I keep up on all the recent developments in thyroid treatment. Good luck!

rachel lee said...

OMG those pictures make my eyes water. Looks painful! Get better girl...

Marie said...

Your hair is adorable and I am so glad your headache is gone...I hate those headaches that last forever! You make the lazy eye look GOOD :)

Unknown said...

AHH Regan I'm sorry about that, that really stinks!! I love all the pictures, I don't think I had ever seen my grandpa's one brother so now I have a visual:) Also I was laughing so hard to think of you and my dad scrunched up in the back of the truck (my dad is so not flexible) that must of been one funny ride home:) Hang in there, and I'm glad your feeling a little better, and that your lazy eye is gone:) p.s. I was jelous to see you at the Gecko grill:)

Laura said...

I am with Rachel! My eyes are watering now! Glad it is getting better. Hey how do you get so many pictures on one post? Mine will only let me do like 5 at a time.

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

Regan!!! I miss you! I'm glad to hear that your headache is gone and your feeling a little better! Were coming back down for a wedding on the 19th of June, and then we'll be back and forth there in July, so we'll get to hang out a few times this summer! I can't wait! Talk to ya soon! Love ya!

The Mcclellan's said...

Regan, I loved the blog. The pictures are so cute. I never noticed a lazy eye. Im glad that things are better, did you get on some medicine and are you feeling better. I hope all is well. We loved hangin out with you. Well come visit after summer.

Posey Cowart said...

You are so dang funny! Lets get together again soon! go ahead and tell everyone that the eyepatch cured your headache but you know it was just being with me that made you feel better! LOL

Laura said...

Post the video. I want to see!

debsfreckles said...

Sorry about the headache for months, that sucks. I hate headaches but I have never had one for more than a day. Way to put on a brave miling face and a lazy eye. I would have been in bed with my head under the blanket.

The Reebs' said...

Hey Reg
Marathon post-er, that was a good one. Ugh, the quasi eye has got to be so annoying. I didn't notice until I read it then looked again, so it's not as bad as you think. I have a video of that freakin hilarious dance you were doing last year outside Bahama Breeze..I will try to send it to you. You'll die! Thanks for leavin a note, seriousy, I miss you guys. We had some fun times. Daters club is still the best idea ever. Your hair looks cute chopped btw. Hope you're feelin better these days...keep in touch for reals k?:)

emmielou said...

Well, someone should get on their blog more so they would see things first hand, haha. I need your new email address cuz I only have the quicksilver one. Send me it to emilyandjdee@gmail.com Miss you tons, that is really crappy about the one lazy eye. Hope you are feeling better. Love ya

Unknown said...

Where are the SYTYCD pics? Looks like you've been busy. Can't wait for the next par tay!!

Travis and Marie said...

I am so glad you are feeling better....that is definitely no fun. I am sorry you even had a headache/lazy eye at all. ON a happy note, your hair is darling.