Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oklahoma for the 4th of July

(To answer your question, yes I am that far behind.) Anyways here is our trip to Oklahoma. I had never been here before and it was such an adventure. We went to visit Nate's sister Camille, her husband Jay and their beautiful new baby Addison. Here is Addison's debut (on my blog at least) She is so adorable. For her blessing she wore the same dress as Camille when she was blessed. Here is the happy family. Roscoe's not ready to share his parents, that is why he is looking away.
Here are my cute sister in laws with their babies.

So Camille and Jay live on base since Jay is in the air force. Base life is so fun. The gym there had raquete ball and a rock wall treadmill that occupied most of our time. We loved it.
This ice cream place that Nate's couldn't stop talking about had a sign saying they now accepted food stamps (really? at an icecream place?)
Here are all of Nate's brothers and sisters. From left to right there is
Win 15, Jared 18, Kyle 23, Des 25, Camille 28, Nate (well technically he was 29 in this picture)
Addison's poparazzi

Dollar bowling on base. You can't beat that!
Already making funny faces
Just like her mother
Can you say WINNERS!! We had 3 teams and we won!!!
The Wright gang

Roscoe

Cute!
Ok what a small world this is. My cousin Ashley from Utah's friend Rachae lives only a few houses down from Camille. I used to hang out with Rachae every summer when I would go visit Ashley. What are the chances of her living right by my family in OK of all places?
She was eating dirt!
Mother and daughter


This was the biggest shirt I have ever seen! The person may as well wear the American flag.


This is just one of the planes Jay instructs the students on.
sleeping like a baby!
that makes two




This was in Oklahoma city. In front of Toby Kieth's I love this bar and grill!
OKC is really pretty. They had the cutest river walk that goes through the city. I wanted to take a boat tour so bad, but no one would go with me. Lame huh?
Who knew, OKC has a Sonic headquarter.
What a neat experience to see the beautiful memorial to the OKC bombings. It was so sad to be there in person it just fealt so sureal. There is definatley a feeling of devistation that still lingers there. 9:01 is when the bomb went off.
This is a bad pic, but each chair has the name of a victom, the smaller chairs represent a child that was in the day care that day.

This is actually something I do not want to remember...the drive home...all 17 hours. Luckily we dropped kyle off at the airport to make more room. However I was still not happy as you can see in the pic. I hate road trips I would rather fly anyday!





6 comments:

Paynes said...

You guys are freakin awesome!

ASU fan said...

Cute Baby! You look real happy on the ride home. You should do it again.

Unknown said...

This posted made me laugh, especially the picture of Rosco looking away he really does look ticked, he still hasn't gotten over it. Well that got me all excited for Utah yeah!! Two more days and we will be off, I'm so excited!!

The Mcclellan's said...

wow you are quit daring. Esp that your like the only girl. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I hope all is well. We need to meet up sometime.

laura said...

I love the bowling picture! That rock climbing wall looks fun.

Jake and Lynn said...

Holy Roadtrip! That sounds so fun. I've never been there. Seriously Oklahoma holds some serious hidden treasures the Sonic headquarters is worth the trip all by itself.