Sunday, January 4, 2009

Playing Catch Up - September (part one)

So in September, we started it off by taking advantage of our 3 day weekend. On Labor day weekend, Nate and I road tripped with his family to Utah. We went up to LaPoint, which is where his grandparents live. This is Nate's mom's family, and they couldn't be a nicer bunch. Here we all are together in a group shot This picture shows Kathleen's parents and siblings. I'm not kidding when I say they are just the nicest people in the world!
Here is Grandma and Grandpa Walker. They are so great, they have never failed to send Nate and I birthday cards, anniversary cards, and christmas cards, they are so good at making us feel loved.

3 Generations
We did a lot more than just hang out while we were there. We worked really hard to help them get things done around the house, especially before winter comes. We chopped wood and stacked it for the winter. Of course the boys had their fuel (Mtn. Due)The boys also re-roofed the house. We had a lot of fun while we were up there, the worst part was the drive (I hate driving on long trips) Especially when you are one of the only girls in a large van full of stinky boys. (Now to give you a background, I had no clue I was pregnant on this trip, No wonder the car ride was so bad, my sense of smell was heightened) Now when we got home, On Tuesday morning, I decided to take a pregnancy test, I had a feeling something was different. Nate was in the other room when I took it, I was just stunned when I realized the test had shown positive. I ran into the other room and told Nate, my heart was beating so fast and hard he could feel it when he hugged me. It was a really cool moment. And we are so so so excited.
Ok Onto the rest of September...
I helped throw Miss Heather a baby shower. If I do say so myself I thought it was great! So, excusse me while I brag a little.
First, here is Carrie, Heather, Jen and I. I felt like a giant next to Jen and Heather.Here is a group of girls from the party I like this shot of Heather's tummy, Did she swallow a basketball or something? Ok, this was a funny story, I was making the cupcakes the night before and when I was mixing the frosting I forgot to do the wet ingredients first, so as I was mixing p. sugar was flying everywhere. Carrie had the idea to just put a towel over it to keep the sugar from flying. Well...That didn't work out too well, but it cracked us up.After all of our hard preparation, the food was delicious and everything looked so cute. I'm getting hungry again just looking at this stuff. I'm totally having a pregnancy craving as I write this.

3 comments:

laura said...

What a cute shower you threw!! You crack me up how far behind you are!

Carrie Loren Leah said...

woah woah....ok first off Im not sure if it was MY idea to put the towel over the powder sugar! And if I recall right...it wouldnt have been so bad if after the first second it got caught SOMEONE DIDNT push the hyper mode on the blender and make it go crazy!!! : )

ASU fan said...

Heathers shower was really cute! How come you can't cook?