Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Have you ever heard of this nonsense?

So today while doing my internship for Mountainside, I was sent to get prints off of a digital camera. Well the pictures were of all the group exercise instructors for our bios that we are posting on the wall. We had someones friend (who is an amateur)come and take pics of us with his digital camera, and we set up our own background with a black sheet to look like a backdrop. Well anyways, when I went to pick the photos up an hour later they told me that they couldn't print them because they looked too professional. They said that I needed a release from the photographer. I told them that's ridiculous and that the photo's do not have copyrights, nor is the photographer a pro. So, he made me sign some paper, so he could start my order. Needless to say I didn't feel like waiting around for another hour, so I will have to pick up the pics tomorrow.
The moral of the story is, if you are printing out pics and they look too professional, beware, they might not print them out unless you sign a waver.

No comments: