Sunday, June 24, 2007

Our first Dinner party at our house!

Our Father's day dinner was a lot of fun and disastrous all at the same time! Marlee really helped us out, because without her help we would have been doomed. I did not do the best job at planning, but thanks to Marlee's 3 separate stops to the grocery store in one day, we were saved! She first called me to see if she could bring anything, since I had just found out that she was going to be able to make it to dinner (I thought she had to work), so I asked her to grab me a few things. Then she came over to help prepare everything, and she noticed I was out of something. She insisted to go and get it, and asked me if there was anything else I needed. I said no. She goes and comes back, and then right before we are about to eat, we realize we have no butter. I told her we would be fine with out it, but again she insists to go get it. I felt awful cause here this is my third time sending the pregnant girl out into the AZ heat. I felt so bad that we took her and her husband out to dinner the other night as a thank you! In the end it was an adventure and definitely a Father's day to remember!
This is my dad with his only Grandchild. They are so cute together, Q just adores grandpa!
On top of everything, it was Marlee's husband Ed's birthday! Hence the reason for Marlee's desire to make everything perfect. I on the other hand always think every thing is fine the way it is. But it is good for me to learn to be more detail oriented! P.S. if you couldn't tell, we ended up having a ton of food!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey Regan!

We moved to GA about 3 weeks ago for Jason's job and will be here for probably 2 years or so and then we can go back home! Yeah, we had Kinsley almost 4 months ago and she is so much fun! How are you guys doing? How is langdon and his family doing? Lets keep in touch.. this is fun!

Unknown said...

You crack me up!! I guess I should of read it before I posted it, b/c there is A LOT of spelling errors. OOPS. The party looks SO fun, wish we lived close so that we could hang out more!!

Shums said...

That sounds like fun! What happened to Mr. Beatty's goat-ee (no clue how to spell that)???

laura said...

That sounds like so much fun! I want to go to a concert. Nate is so thoughtful! Did you ever paint your house. I need to come over again and see it.